Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Network Marketing Experience

I have been involved in MLM or Networking marketing, mostly on a part-time basis, since about 1978. I have joined some great companies with great products such as Amway, Matol, Shaklee, ACN Telecommunications, Tahitian Noni, to name a few. Then in March 2006, I retired from Corporate America and became a full-time Network Marketer.

My first four years as a full time Network Marketer were an extreme struggle not very successful. I followed my team leader’s training, made my warm market list, cold market list, cold called prospects, did 3 way calls with prospect and team leader, religiously went to meetings, attended training seminars both in and out of state, set appointments to show the plan and hosted countless home meetings. These expenses plus product auto-ship costs caused a serious drain on my cash flow; my ROI was virtually non-existent. For all of my hard-work, I had nothing to show for it but mounting debt, two maxed out credit cards, an abundance of product, and growing list of friends who avoided talking with me. I often thought to myself: There has to be a better way to do this. Something is missing – it can’t be this hard!

 Maybe you can relate.

 Now here is what was absolutely mind boggling and enlightening at the same time. Not only was I struggling in my network marketing business, but I was also bombarded with nagging doubts about my Christian life. So I took three years away from any business pursuits and enrolled in the Seminary in February 2010. I graduated with a Masters of Arts in Ministry in February 2013.

Since my childhood, I have valued the gifts of leadership, ethical character, personal integrity and an abiding faith in God and the principles of Christianity. Graduate studies in Ministry helped me to remove all my nagging doubts, helped me to know why I believe what I believe about Christianity, equipped me to teach, pastor and lead a church family. I believe that the church is the hope of the world and that leadership is the hope of the church. I am committed to helping fill the leadership vacuum in the church. I am committed to a Great Commission Vision, quality ministries, and sustained servant-leadership excellence. Since graduation in February 2013, I have begun the church start process.

 In addition, I have rekindled my entrepreneurial spirit. I found an opportunity that meets my criteria for integrity, leadership, excellent marketing plan, and great a product that is in demand. And it is through this home-based business opportunity that I found the Empower Network.

I have been in Empower Network for only five days; and while listening to the fast start training, I could relate with much of what Dave Sharpe and Dave Woods were saying. The first thing that impressed me was the apparent authenticity of their experiences. Secondly, like my enrollment in graduate school was partially driven by a desire to be associated with people from whom I could learn and respect, I got the same sense that Dave and Dave were the kind of leaders in Internet Marketing from whom I could learn and respect. The third point that got my attention was when Dave said that the Empower Network training could be applied to your other business. I got a real sense that with Empower Network, I can strengthen my marketing skills and know how to apply them. Additionally, the potential to earn significant income in relatively short time period is staggering.

As I continued to listen to the eight core commitments in the fast start training, the lights started to come on. I need a source of funding through personal employment that will not be a disadvantage to my church planting and ministry. Empower Network combined with Get Weekly Paychecks affords me the personal employment possibility of a “tentmaker.” In this situation, as a church planter, I am able to turn to a particular profession only when there are not enough funds available for their support. This is consistent with my desire and responsibility to provide for my family and not be dependent on church funds for support.

I found a common theme of relationship building that is essential in both the secular and religious worlds. I sensed a sincere desire from Empower Network co-founders Dave and Dave to help people achieve their dreams because they used the term “Edify” constantly throughout the Fast Start Training. Look at this definition of the term “Edify” – educational: providing morally useful knowledge or information. Is this not what we as professing believers do in obedience to Jesus Christ, use our spiritual gifts to edify each other. I was also reminded of these quotes by Dr. Martin Luther King:

 “If I can just help somebody along the way, then my living will not have been in vain”.

 "Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’”

Finally, during the Fast Start Videos, I kept wondering what these products were that Dave and Dave kept referring to. Remember, earlier I said that one of my criteria for joining a company was great a product that is in demand. Then on the Coaching.Empowernetwork.com webinar, I realized that these products were educational marketing and business building materials. If the quality is there, and I have no reason to doubt the integrity of the co-founders’ claims, then I have found the Marketing leaders that I have been in search of. And like my church planting, I will not do a temperature check; I will commit totally to learning from the experts.

I believe that if you’re willing to be open-minded and not afraid of change that you can believe in, you will discover how successful marketing can be achieved. After listening to the Empower Network Fast Start Videos, I now know that Internet Marketing does not have to be so hard. Using the wrong techniques – like trying to force a square peg into a round hole – makes it hard.

I believe that joining the Empower Network Team through my affiliation with Get Weekly Paychecks will be one of the greatest decisions in my Internet Marketing experience.

                                                                    Perseverance
Cherish Your Dreams and Aspirations
They are the Blueprint of Your Achievements

Get Weekly Paychecks

No comments: